NEW YORK FIRE INVESTIGATOR EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE: NEW YORK FIRE INVESTIGATOR - GORDON IVORY
Certified New York Fire Investigator, Gordon Ivory, has extensive experience investigating motor vehicle, residential and commercial property fires – assuring that the origin and cause are documented with care. With more than 4000 fire & explosion investigations over a 36 year career, you will receive accurate results that you can rely on!
GEI PROFESSIONAL INVESTIGATIONS, LLC
Cortland, New York 7/98 - Present
Principal / New York Fire Investigator / Worker Compensation Investigator
Conduct origin and cause investigations which entails case management, photograph documentation, researching codes and reference material, compilation of charts and graphs, background checks, conducting comprehensive interviews, writing concise and thorough reports. Perform lock examinations, which include determination of entry and method of locking defeat. Forensic Locksmithing: Lock examination to determine possible evidence of picking, etc. involving microscopic examination. Ignition Lock / Column Exams. Notary Public that can execute acknowledgments and oaths as to truth of statements or documents.
UNIFIED INVESTIGATIONS & SCIENCES, INC.
Atlanta, Georgia 1/96 - 7/99
Investigation of motor vehicle, residential and commercial property fire scenes to determine origin and cause. Ignition Lock / Column Exams. Designed and instructed seminars on fire investigation and lock examinations.
INS INVESTIGATIONS BUREAU, INC.
Fort Lee, New Jersey 3/92 - 1/96
Fire Investigator / Worker Compensation Investigator / SID (Special Investigations Division)
Conducted background investigations, origin and cause investigations and intensive workmen's compensation surveillance.
ETL FIRE & FLAMMABILITY TESTING LABORATORIES
Cortland, New York 4/89 - 1/92
Fire Testing Laboratory
Supervision of fire testing and training in Fire and Flammability laboratory. Performed product testing to meet UL, ANSI and NFPA standards. Preformed large scale and small-scale tests for flammability and fire resistance of construction products, cables, textiles and furniture. Responsible for retrieval and documentation of all test results.
- Personally fire tested over 3,000 products at ETL Test Labs
- Investigated over 4,000 fires and explosions
- Performed over 1,600 lock examinations
- Cortland County Fire Investigator 1985 - 1992
- Cortland County Fireman of the Year award 1990
- Hayes Ambulance Rescue Services award 1990
- National Fire Protection Association
- NYS Association of Fire Investigators
- National Association of Fire Investigators
- Society of Professional Investigators
- International Association of Fire Investigators
- International Association of Auto Theft Investigators
- Southern Tier Claims Association, past President
- Homer Fire Department, 1981 - Present (Past Captain 5 years, Lieutenant 3 years)
- Associated Locksmiths of America, Inc.
- International Association of Investigate Locksmiths
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
- NYS Private Investigator License: 11000064930
- National Certified Fire and Explosion Invesigator (CFEI)
- NYS Fire Investigator Level 1 Certification
- NYS Fire Investigator Level 2 Certification
- Homeland Crisis - Public Safety Chaplain Certificate
- ALICE - Certified Active Shooter Instructor
- Certified ICS Locksmith
- Expert Witness, Fire Causation, NYS
- Expert Witness, Vehicle Security and Lock Examinations, NYS
- Expert Witness, Forensic Lock Examinations
- American Sign Language, Course Level II
- National Certified Vehicle Fire Investigator (CVFI)
- Certified Key Generation Technician
- Owner of Ivory Lock Consultants (Registered Locksmith)
- New York State Notary Public
- Certified Technician, Domestic Automotive Locksmith
- Certified Technician, Vehicle Transponders Locksmith
- Certified Technician, High Security Automotive Locksmith
- National Certified Fire Investigator Instructor (CFII)